Using your Talents and Hobbies in the Workforce
Youth Leadership Panel
We are available Mon - Thu 9 AM - 4:30 PM
Office is closed on Fridays
HOW STUDENT WILL BE SELECTED
1. To be eligible for the Youth Leadership Series, students must:
a. Have a disability (as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act);
b. Be in the 11th or 12th grade on January 1 of the year you attend. (Some age/grade exceptions may be made);
c. Reside in New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender, Onslow or Columbus County.
2. Student applicants must mail the completed application packet to us postmarked no later than May 31!
3. Spots will be filled in the order in which we receive a fully completed application.
4. All applicants will be notified by letter that they are selected to attend the series. (Letters will be mailed no later than June 7, 2018) Approximately 20-25 students will be selected to attend.
5. All appropriate expenses will be paid by the dRC, including, snacks, drinks and interpreters for deaf students.
6. Remember to be considered for the Scholarship to attend the National Youth Leadership Event in Denver, Colorado in October, you must attend all 8 sessions. The Scholarship will cover the cost of your registration, travel, hotel and accommodations.
Bus passes are available if using public transit to get to our event. dRC is not able to provide personal travel arrangements or assistance.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Rules and Guidelines
In order to provide a fun, safe learning experience at the leadership series, all students will be expected to follow the rules listed below.
1. Be punctual and arrive on time each Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. and promptly picked up no later than 7:00 p.m
2. Respect the scheduled program. Attendance is expected at the sessions you marked on your application. 3. You must stay with your assigned group at all times.
4. Maintain a respectful attitude toward peers, counselors and staff.
5. Respect the facilities (maintaining the condition of the rooms and all other areas we use or visit).
6. Smoking and possession or use of illegal chemicals or alcohol are strictly prohibited.
7. Cell phones are allowed but must be turned off at all times during the session. We reserve the right to hold a phone until that evenings event is over if it becomes a problem. Headsets, electronic devices and radios are not allowed!
Any violations of these rules will result in students being sent home immediately. Your application to the Youth Leadership Series indicates your acceptance of these rules and guidelines.
2018 Summer Youth Leadership Camp
LEADERS IN ACTION!
IF YOU NEED A PAPER REGISTRATION FORM PLEASE E-MAIL STEVIE TOOLE AT STEVIE.TOOLE@DRC-CIL.ORG
You can come to one session or all eight! Those who attend all eight sessions will receive a special certificate of completion and an opportunity to apply for an opportunity to attend the National Youth Leadership Forum sponsored by the Association for Programs for Rural Independent Living in October 2018 in Denver, Colorado!
5041 New Centre Drive
Meet and Greet
5041 New Centre Drive
Personal Empowerment 101
Cape Fear Community College
UNCW Meet Up